Course « Basics in Animal Behaviour »
Understand animal behaviour to ensure their welfare
Course « Communicate with zoo visitors »
Understand animal behaviour is undeniably a valuable tool for animal management. Initiation or improvement, our team support you.
ObjectifIntroduction to animal behavioural science, to ensure excellence in animal care.
The animals around us, do not have a verbal language like our own. Nonetheless, they communicate with their conspecifics, and express themselves to us through their behaviours. Ethology – or animal behaviour, the science of behaviour, is a non-verbal approach for understanding and decoding these behaviours, and above all, to interpret the meaning of these behaviours. The use of ethology is thus an inescapable approach to assess well-being. Nonetheless, as we cannot directly access to animal emotions or verbal communication, we must be cautious in our analyses. For a valid interpretation, data collected through a rigorous and scientific approach is required.
- History and concepts of Animal behaviour
- Methods of observation
- Methods of study
- The animal in its environment
- Physical and social interactions
- Construction of an ethogram
- Data Collection and Results Analysis
- Ethology and animal welfare
This workshop contains both practical and theory activities; including discussions, group work, individual work, research tasks.
About this course
- Aimed at: zookeepers and anyone interested in improving the welfare of their animals
- Group size: 6-10
- Duration: 1 day
- Location: On site
- Cost: Quotation avalaible on demand